Sunday morning means our shopping trip to the farmer’s market for samples, socializing, snacks on the grass, and most importantly, stocking up our fridge. The farmer’s market is our supermarket, and Sunday mornings is our main weekly shop, with top-ups through the week from our organic food delivery, wholesale butcher, plus bits and pieces at the grocery store. Sunday at lunchtime, our kitchen is full of fresh food and is a good time to show you what food we buy and stock regularly. It’s also a great time to be invited to our house for lunch! Of course, this is a snapshot of our kitchen on one particular summer Sunday and our grocery items change regularly with the seasons, our changing tastes and needs, and as we discover new wonderful whole foods that we hadn’t tried before. You and your family are bound to have some different tastes and preferences, dietary needs, and nutritional requirements. Therefore, I hope you can use our example, not as something to copy exactly, but as a GUIDE for your own home.
QUALITY of the food listed below:
- Animal meats are from pasture-fed, free-ranging, humanely-raised animals.
- Bacon is nitrate free and sausages have no additives or fillers.
- Eggs are free-range certified organic.
- Butter and cheese is unpasteurised and from pasture-fed cows.
- Fruits and vegetables are either certified organic or locally grown with no pesticides, herbicides, waxes or artificial fertilizers.
- Condiments, herbs and spices, nuts and seeds are organic.