“I lived much of my adult life encumbered by some sort of illness. At one point my illness became chronic and after an extremely intense season of challenge in my life, I threw my hands in the air and said, ‘Enough is enough!’ I knew deep down that this was not how life should be and I took it upon myself to heal my weary soul and body. It wasn’t long before I was experiencing major health breakthroughs. This is what I long to share with others, so that you never have to be in chronic ill health.
For much of my adult life I have been very interested in health and nutrition. I read every book I could get my hands on. I sought many paths towards health and wellness, but none of them led me where I truly wanted to go.
When I discovered ‘Nourishing Traditions’ by Sally Fallon, that was the missing link for me. After that I discovered there was a whole wide world of people out there that think outside of the box. Through folks like the Weston A. Price Foundation, Nora Gedgaudas, Carolyn Dean, Julia Ross, Mark Sisson and many others, I have come to enjoy greater health by implementing what I have gleaned.
|“I have learned that you can reverse many health maladies by simply consuming real nutrient dense foods and avoiding processed cheap foods. Thus discovering that the saying holds true, ‘You are what you eat!’ It has only been in the past few years that I have fully shifted my family over to real foods and away from processed foods completely. It has been a pleasure!!”|
After completely eliminating processed foods, I have seen a health transformation in myself.
I no longer suffer from:
– Intense menstrual pains and cramps each month, nor the pain of mittelschmerz each month during ovulation.
– Random severe body aches and pains all up and down the right side of my body.
– Sinus infections. Blowing my nose constantly due to constant mucous production.
– Migraines and headaches. Popping ibuprofen like it was candy.
– Asthma symptoms, as well as seasonal colds and allergies.
– Adrenal fatigue, a malady that plagues most Americans today.
After having struggled with asthma since I was 12, I have learned how to manage any possible flare up through natural alternatives to inhalers. Additionally, in early 2010, I learned I needed to stop consuming gluten, with this transition I have experienced many wonderful benefits as well.
|“Overall, I have way more energy, lost 20 pounds and generally feel great in my own skin. I am no longer a slave to my cravings. I find great freedom in that alone.”|
Fitness is also important to me. Gone are the days when people work physically hard, walk to school/work, and labor on the farms (well for the majority of us at least). I find that exercise is not the more crucial element in a healthy lifestyle, but it is a very important one. I love to push my body physically and benefit from the results. I also believe in the importance of rest when needed, as well as focusing on quality sleep. I thoroughly enjoy yoga, bike riding, kettlebells, dance and hope to one day become an RKC instructor or take up martial arts.”
“I believe that health is a choice, a right and a gift that we cannot take for granted, and in this day and age, unfortunately, must fight for!”
– Founder of ‘Divine Health from the inside out’ website and facebook community.
– Certified as a Nutritional Therapy Practitioner through the Nutritional Therapy Association.
– Co-chapter leader for the Weston A. Price Foundation in Delaware County, Pa.
– A member of the Nourished Living Network.